At Serenity MedSpa, you can be reassured you will receive the safest and the most effective laser hair removal treatments. We have also one of the most affordable laser hair removal prices in the bay area.
Serenity MedSpa is pleased to offer our clients the new High SpeedLightSheer Duet for Laser Hair Removal. Everyone wants to get rid of their excessive and unwanted body hair. But, some people are downright afraid of the pain associated with laser hair removal while others don’t want to make the time commitment and some may even question its effectiveness.
Now, at Serenity MedSpa, you can get rid of unwanted body hair not only with amazing speed and comfort but also with proven safety and efficacy.
We also offer LightSheer Duet treatments for the face. Learn more about our facial laser hair removal services.
Advantages of the High Speed LightSheer Duet for Laser Hair Removal
- Fast Speed: With the High Speed LightSheer Duet, treatment times are now reduced up to 75% for large body areas. Areas like the back and the legs, which normally took up to an hour or more with older lasers, can take as little as 20 minutes with the new High Speed LightSheer Duet. This is due to the dramatically increased spot size of 22mm x 35mm of the high speed laser handpiece. Smaller areas, like the underarms, can literally take less than 5 minutes to treat.
- Amazing Comfort: Due to the LightSheer Duet’s innovative vacuum-assisted technology, treatment discomfort is now also significantly reduced. With the Lightsheer Duet, most people can tolerate the procedure without any topical anesthetic. With the older lasers, the procedure can be painful even with the topical anesthetic. At Serenity MedSpa, we also utilize the Zimmer Cooling Device whenever needed to provide extra comfort to our clients.
- Safe for All Skin Types: The High Speed LightSheer Duet is FDA approved to treat all skin types safely. At Serenity MedSpa, safely is our upmost concern and you can be assured that you will only be treated by highly trained and well qualified professionals.
- Proven Efficacy: LightSheer uses the “gold standard” diode lasers which is clinically proven to be effective for laser hair removal since 1998 and perfected over time. The LightSheer Duethas both the High Speed handpiece for bigger areas as well as the highly respected LightSheer ET smaller handpiece with contact cooling for treating smaller and more delicate areas. The combination of these two handpieces allows us to customize your treatment to give you the best results possible. The High SpeedLightSheer produces a larger beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted is well absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicles (melanin). During the hair removal procedure, the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, allowing the hair to absorb the light and heat up. As hair follicle heats up, the hair shaft and bulb are damaged. This significantly reduces the hair’s ability to re-grow, and results in permanent hair reduction over time.
- Permanent Hair Reduction: Older remedies for unwanted hair include waxing, electrolysis, shaving, plucking or chemical depilatories. Some of these treatments are extremely messy or downright painful and all of them offer only temporary solution for unwanted hair. Laser hair removal, on the other hand, offers permanent hair reduction. It is a very popular choice now for both men and women who are seeking a long lasting solution for their unwanted hair. In fact, the American Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons estimates that in 2008 over 1.3 million laser hair removal procedures were performed in the United States alone – making laser hair removal the #1 aesthetic laser procedure and second only to Botox.
- Save Valuable Time: With the new High Speed LightSheer Duet, you don’t have to invest a lot of your valuable time to get quality laser hair removal. We can now significantly shorten your treatment time with the new LightSheer Duet, not only due to its exceptional high treatment speed, but by eliminating the need for topical anesthetic for most before the treatment and by eliminating the need to for messy gel to be applied during the treatment.
- Save On Cost: Laser hair removal can ultimately help you save money in the long run if you are using temporary means to remove unwanted hair. The new High Speed LightSheer Duet will not only reduce the hair permanently with each treatment but since it is highly effective, it may potentially remove the hair in less number of treatments than older lasers, thus offering a further saving on treatment cost.
Serenity MedSpa also offers one of the most affordable and competitive laser hair removal prices.
Request a consultation and get started today!
I have been going to Serenity Med Spa for more than two years and it was during today’s visit I noticed the Yelp sticker, so here I am writing a well deserved, long overdue review! (Those Yelp stickers are so darned helpful because they remind me to review, review, review!). To date, I have visited this wonderfully skilled Medical Spa Oasis with state of the art laser equipment in the swanky Union Square area on Maiden Lane for the following treatments:
- Restylane/Juvederm (for my lips and nasal-labial areas)
- Laser hair removal
- Silk peel
- SMARTLIPO and Laser Lipo (great for sagging skin after dramatic weight loss which I had, thank you very much!)
Both Dr’s Lisa and David are personable surgeons who really listen to your needs and respond with options custom tailored to your specific skin type/coloring and/or your body type while educating you on what you are doing. I deeply respect that because few doctors take the time to educate their patients and you know what? This patient likes knowing what is being done to her body.
The staff at Serenity are like my second family (the doctors included) Sara is a great esthetician and she is my “go-to” girl for products because I have a million questions. Jessica and Gee were so helpful when I had smart lipo – giving me sips of water, ordering my lunch, and squeezing me into my compression garments. I also enjoyed a wonderful post-surgical medical massage by Vicky who is also an acupuncturist. The staff have personalities all their own which gives this office that comfy feeling (remember I said it’s like my second home?) I have referred many friends here and they report the exact same experience I have, which makes me feel really good about recommending them. Between you and I – the real litmus test: Would I trust Serenity Med Spa enough to take my 18 year old daughter here for laser hair removal?
Without any reservation – YES. In fact, she is also a patient now.
Thank you Serenity Med Spa for your outstanding, consistent service! Because of you, I look fabulous! My beauty is not natural – it is worth every single penny! At 37, I am fighting the signs of aging now so that I can continue to look fabulous when I am 50. Notice I do not lie about my beauty secrets? The staff at Serenity will guard your privacy but I have nothing to hide. Real friends share beauty secrets, right?
Cheers to Serenity Med Spa for increasing my fabulousness with maintenance treatments every 3 months! I will continue being a regular client here. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND – tell them I sent you ::smile::
I found Serenity MedSpa on Malou Review. (I love Malou Review and would love to have her job btw!) Anyway, the next day, I looked up the website to see all the services they offer and decided to make an appointment to go in. I must say, this is a woman’s dream place because it offers everything women would like to change or at least tweak about themselves. I can see myself using a lot of their products and services! I consulted with Dr. Lisa and she was very knowledgeable and helpful and easy to talk to. Sara, one of the receptionists was great too. I felt extrememly at ease. I went home with a bottle of Latieese for my eye lashes among other things =X heehee I haven’t finished everything I want to try here, but I will be back with more feedback. I LOVE that this place is so hidden so if you don’t want people knowing you get laser hair removal on your back of something, that’s no problem. However, there’s no parking so you have to find a parking garage somewhere. Ok, I’ll be back for more!
Melissa (Age 31)
I go to Serenity for laser hair removal and they are great! Their facilities are spacious and clean, their staff knowledgeable and helpful. Dr. Lisa Kang is exceptional.
From my initial phone call to paying my bill, Serenity MedSpa was professional and friendly. I have gone to them for two laser hair removal sessions. I have seen different staff each time, but all of them were great. During the procedure they asked about any discomfort and made sure I felt very comfortable with everything. As a guy, it was really important to me that I would feel at home at a laser hair removal place, cause most clients are women. I had a great experience. The office is really nice. I also really appreciate that they have all of their prices for laser hair removal on the web. No meeting with a sales associate to twist your arm to have services you don’t want!
Karen (Age 29)
Ok, so far, so good. I just had my first laser hair removal treatment (bikini & underarms). Although Dr. Kang said the hair will not fall out until two more sessions, I SWEAR my hair is growing back amazingly slow. I would only trust a place with a doctor doing the procedure, it is well worth the price.